Portable PD diagnostics system
A new dimension in cable condition evaluation
The PD-TaD 62 portable PD diagnostics system is used in combination with a BAUR VLF generator for carrying out:
- Partial discharge testing and location
- VLF cable testing with parallel partial discharge testing
- Parallel partial discharge and dissipation factor measurement
- Full MWT
With the partial discharge testing and the dissipation factor measurement, two effective and proven methods for evaluating the ageing condition of medium-voltage cables and cable accessories have been combined in a single compact and portable device. The result is a one-step 360° cable analysis with: early detection and localisation of weak points through a PD measurement, in addition to the evaluation of dielectric ageing based on the dissipation factor values.
The ability to perform partial discharge and dissipation factor measurements simultaneously saves a lot of time and leads to increased efficiency during inspection of the entire cable network. The simultaneous monitoring of tan δ values and PD activities, also helps detect hidden faults (e.g. moist joints).
Light, robust and portable: PD-TaD is ideal for mobile use in the field. The device and accessories are convenient to transport in robust transport cases.
- Comprehensive 360° cable analysis – with parallel partial discharge and dissipation factor measurement*
- Time-optimised and safe cable condition evaluation
- Lightweight and compact for mobile use on site