Online PD testing
Cable check whilst live
With the help of liona, the portable BAUR online PD spot tester, cables can also be quickly and easily tested for partial discharges whilst live (online). The DeCIFer® algorithm supports the detection of partial discharge signals from noise signals. The online PD test helps to detect approximate weak points without switching off the system and, if required, to localise faults.
liona and iPD – a unique solution
- For PD testing during normal mains operation if cables cannot be taken out of operation
- For inexpensive testing of HV cable routes – even in the case of cross bonding
- For straightforward initial estimation of PD
- For temporary monitoring of a cable route
- Automatic PD detection – despite high noise levels
- PD spot test in 3 minutes: connect – measure – read result
- Unique technology for online PD location using artificial reflection
- Easy-to-install, temporary monitoring system
- Easy testing of MV and HV cables
BAUR measurement methods for underground cables and accessories:
The dissipation factor measurement
(tan δ measurement)
Dissipation factor measurement is a non-destructive and integral procedure that serves to evaluate the condition of an entire cable route.
Partial discharge testing
Partial discharge diagnostics is used to determine possible fault locations in cables and accessories before they lead to failure.
Monitored Withstand Test
The time-saving combination of testing and diagnostics is known as the Monitored Withstand Test (MWT).